Kate says . . .
To all of you wives out there who have shared with me that you think I am super wife, super mom and super everything; I am humbled by these gracious comments, but I feel the need to give you a little glimpse into our lives. These are my confessions of a Marriage Blogger, hopefully they will make you laugh, cry and most of all be encouraged as wives!
1. My house is NOT always put together! In fact it is usually VERY lived in with dirty dishes and laundry to be done. I still have great hopes for the cleaning fairy to come and help, though I have yet to see her. With all of the Tinkerbell movies our daughter loves, couldn’t they come up with a cleaning fairy? There is currently a huge pile of laundry on the floor to my right that needs folding. But alas I am sure it will still be there when I am done writing!
2. Brad and I are not bunnies! Yes, we talk about sex all the time and value it deeply in our marriage, but we do not do it like bunnies. Ok sometimes we do, but not always. 😉 There are times when we fight just to see each other for more than 2 hours before falling asleep together. Those blessed kids that we love so stinkin much, feel the need to grow up and be involved in activities, along with everything we do together. We sometimes struggle to find time together and time for sex, but we know and recognize when it is time to refocus and find time, no matter what.
3. I am not the best at grammar-this you might have deduced on your own reading our blog (and I think Brad would admit he struggles too). We try hard to edit and make sure everything is correct, yet we miss things. Truth be told, I never dreamed that I would be writing on a regular basis, yet that is what God has asked and so onward I go, regardless (or is that irregardless?)
4. My heart breaks for the stories that are shared with us. I pray daily that God would break my heart for what break’s His heart, and wow does He ever! I love chatting one on one with our readers, but my heart breaks for their stories of hurt and pain. Sometimes I struggle to get their stories out of my head. I am thankful for the hope of God’s plan in marriage. Our marriage is a testament to God’s faithfulness and the truth that any marriage can be restored. This blog is God’s story through us, plain and simple yet oh so beautiful!
5. I have an addiction to drinking tea and reading books! I love historical fiction with a focus on God. Other than spending time worshiping God, with my amazing hubby and kids; I would choose to just read and sip some tea. I can enjoy tea and books on their own, but they go so well together! I have been known to be making dinner and reading a book at the same time, a phenomenon my hubby just shakes his head at and laughs. Now you know why he is the better cook in our family! 🙂
6. I encourage wives to dress “eye catching” for their hubby, yet I often spend the morning doing school with my kids in a total state of comfy clothes. We have nowhere to go and it is easier to do school in my “yoga” pants. 🙂 Have no fear, I am cleaned up and ready for my hubby when he gets home!
7. I greatly dislike getting up early in the morning! My mom has assured me on many occasions that there would be a time in my life where I will get up with the sun just because. I am 35 years old and there is no sign of that happening.
8. I am not kidding when I say that my favorite pastime is spending time with my hubby! Everything I do is so much better when he is by my side. I want to experience all of life with him next to me. Sounds romantic right? Yet it is so much more then that, it is a one flesh journey!
9. I am immeasurably blessed by a few dear friends and I value them greatly. We love to sit and chat, have tea together, go out to dinner every once and in a while and shop at Goodwill. We are wild women!
10. I am a mom who struggles with being a mom at times. Some days I want to rip out my hair and put everyone in quiet time for the entire day-including myself (then I could read and drink tea). Some days, I am blown away by my kid’s love and compassion.
An extra one, like a P.S. My absolute favorite date night with my hubby is when Brad and I stop at the local cheese shop. We buy our favorite cheese, open up a bottle of red wine (we love red wine), put the kids to bed and go up to our room to sit quietly and enjoy our wine, cheese and each other. I love going out on dates, but this by far is my favorite. Not to mention we are not too far from our bed! 😉
I don’t know if any of the other marriage bloggers have the same desire to share, if so I hope they will share their 10 confessions of a marriage blogger! If they do I’ll be sure to link them!
Other Marriage Blogger’s Confessions:
J from Hot, Holy and Humorous – 10 Confessions of a Marriage & Sex Blogger
Marriage Life Ministries