Brad and Kate say . . .
If you gain nothing else from our time at the Marriage Ministry Conference 2015, get this . . .
It’s all about pointing them to Jesus!
Yes, marriage ministry means getting into the nitty-gritty of life and marriage and sometimes we get bogged down with tips and techniques to help.
Our marriage changed only because we were open to the refinement Jesus wanted to do in us.
So I have two questions for you . . .
1. Is your church reaching out to married couples? Do they have a place in your church to come for encouragement, hope and healing? If not, why?
2. Are you pointing them to Jesus and challenging their relationship with Him, while you are working on their marriage?
Quotes from Day 2!
5. “It never pays to pursue pleasures outside of its purposes!” (in regard to sex outside of marriage) Johnathan Pokluda
4. “Step families done well are redemptive!” Ron Deal
3. “What if church was seen as the place you go if you want to learn how to have an awesome sex life?” Shannon Ethridge
2. “Is there a point to your marriage?” Francis Chan
1. “Don’t assume leaders marriages are fine-ask them!” Francis Chan
We had such a great week at Watermark Community Church with our team from the Worship Center. It was a blessing to learn with our team and to tweet and share on OFM as well. If you want to check out the conference we were just at here is all you need, Marriage Ministry Conference 2015 and if you want to check re|engage, the marriage ministry we are doing at our church, visit marriagehelp.org
We have two amazing books to give away.
Gary Thomas’ A Lifelong Love
Ted Cunninham’s Fun Loving You
We will pick the winners on Tuesday, April 28th!
Ways to enter:
Leave a comment below telling us of about your churches marriage ministry, or your favorite takeaway from our time at the #MMConf15
Share this post on Facebook using the hashtag #MMConf15 and also tag @onefleshmarriage
Share this post on Twitter using the hashtag #MMConf15 and also tag @1fleshmarriage
Repin on Pinterest
Marriage ministry . . . It’s all about pointing them to Jesus while walking along side of them!!!